Sunday, October 27, 2013


Self portraits and chipped nail polish.
Like these two photos, I am learning to find the balance of viewing the world through rose colored glasses whilst keeping a sharp eye for its deceptive promises. Concerning my personal faith I have been in a place where I have been asking really tough questions. Not denying the God I believe in, but coming to the understanding that questioning something does mean you are renouncing its authenticity. This process has been rocky and at some moments I was scared, wondering why I was even asking. It seemed that my faith had faded away to nothing at one point, but the truth is that it’s budding even through all this and my roots will be more substantial & enduring through this tough as nails period. Asking questions and taking a step outside of what you say you believe is essential to you as an individual. If questions are not asked and the rose colored lenses are not removed every now and again, then when fierce oppression or tempest arrive without warning how will you stand? All in all these past few weeks have been drawing the hidden unbelief or questions my heart may hold. Although not all my inquiries have answers, there is no shame in asking.

On a much lighter note, I have been going through books and music like mental. Mansfield Park, The Hundred Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared, the Narnia series, and oodles of autobiographies. As for music some of my new favorites right now are Stornoway, London Grammar, Tom Odell, Haim, India Arie, etc.
Now, where did I put my coffee cup?

No comments:

Post a Comment